A. DELIVERY POLICY
B. CANCELLATION, RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
A. DELIVERY POLICY
1. Who Is Al Khalili?
https://www.buildexstores.com is owned and controlled by the Al Khalili (as defined in Website Terms) having registered office at # 433, Way # 4006, PB 1869, PC 112, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman. Al Khalili is a diversified and dynamic business house with a strong corporate philosophy and a good track-record. Al Khalili has business verticals covering Building material supply, Tools & Hardware, Construction, Electrical & Lighting, Oil & Gas, Fire & Safety, Solid surfaces, Information & Communication Technology (ICT), Real Estate, Automation Systems & Electrical Installations, Logistics services & Auto Spa, operating through its Website https://www.buildexstores.com and its Mobile Applications ("Platforms/Online Portal"), which inter alia facilitates the purchase of Products/Services including without limitation, consumer electronic products, IT products, DIY (Do It Yourself) products, camping products, cleaning equipment’s, building materials, tools and hardware, personal care products, lifestyle products, home improvement smart products, home appliances, safety products, toys and gadgets, the equipment, parts, materials, supplies and other goods manufactured and supplied by Al- Khalili.
2. What is this Delivery Policy about?
This Delivery Policy, together with the Website Terms and EULA, describes Al Khalili’s policies and procedures towards delivery of Products/Services purchased through the Al Khalili Platform/Online Portal. Al Khalili makes all commercially reasonable endeavors to ensure that the Products/Services are delivered to Users in a timely fashion.
Users are required to peruse and understand the terms of this Delivery Policy. If You do not agree to the terms contained in this Delivery Policy, You are advised not to transact and may forthwith leave and stop using the Platform/Online Portal. The terms contained in this Delivery Policy shall be accepted without modification/negotiation and accordingly, You agree to be bound by the terms contained herein.
3. Terms of Delivery
a) Al Khalili partners with Third Party logistic service providers in order to effectuate Product(s) delivery to Users/End-User (herein after referred to as "Logistic Partners"). Details of the Logistic Partner who will be processing the delivery of the purchased Product(s) will be provided to the User upon the purchased Product(s) being handed over to the Logistic Partner by Al Khalili for shipping. The User will also be provided with approximate number of days of delivery of the purchased Product(s) on the order confirmation/tracking page/link. Al Khalili may also effectuate Product delivery to Users on its own without engaging Logistic Partners.
b) While Al Khalili aims to sell/facilitate sale of Product(s)/Service(s) through the Platform/Online Portal and ensure the delivery of Product(s) all across Gulf countries, currently, Al Khalili ensures the delivery of its Product(s) within the geographical limits of Oman. At the time of placing an order for purchase of Product(s) on the Platforms/Online Portal, Users are required to enter their postal code details to verify if deliveries can be carried out in their areas. If the area where the User wishes that the purchased Products be delivered is not within Al Khalili recognized delivery network, Al Khalili will not be able to process the order further.
c) Prior to making payments on the Al Khalili Platform/Online Portal for the purchase of Product(s)/Service(s), the User will be prompted to provide a shipping address. While entering shipping address details, the User should ensure to provide correct, complete and accurate information along with sufficient landmarks in order to aid identification of the address. Any failure in delivering the purchased Products arising out of the User’s failure to provide correct, complete and accurate information shall not hold Al Khalili liable at any point in time. In this case the User shall have to bear the shipping charges or Product re-shipping charges or if required the cancellation charges.
d) A maximum of 3 (three) attempts shall be made to deliver purchased Product(s) to the User. Should the User continue to remain unavailable after 3 (three) attempts, Al Khalili reserves the right to cancel the order pertaining to the purchased Product(s) at its sole discretion. While Al Khalili shall make reasonable endeavor’s in ensuring that purchased Products are delivered to its Users in a timely manner, delivery may be delayed on account of Force Majeure (as defined in Website Terms) available at https://www.buildexstores.com In case of cancellation as aforesaid, the cancellation charges may be applicable which and the policy for which, the User needs to check before placing order on the Product(s) page.
e) In such events of delay due to Force Majeure, Al Khalili shall try to make reasonable attempt at proactively intimating the User by writing to the User on his/her/its registered email account and/or mobile number. Al Khalili disclaims all liabilities that may arise on account of its failure to intimate the User of anticipated delays in the delivery of purchased Products through Al Khalili Online Portal. Further, Al Khalili shall be under no obligation to compensate the User for any mental agony or any tortuous claim that may otherwise arise on account of a delay in the shipment and delivery or use of the purchased Products.
f) Al Khalili, as an internal process, undertakes multiple diligences to ensure that their delivery executives and the individuals employed by their Logistic Partners are individuals with the highest regard for ethics and integrity. However, it is not possible for Al Khalili to ensure that its own delivery executives or employees of its Logistic Partners behave in a fashion that exudes thorough professionalism, competence and good mannerism. It is expressly clarified that any indecent act including without limitation ill-mannerism, impoliteness, discourtesy or offensiveness shown by Al Khalili delivery executives or by the employees of the Logistic Partners is beyond Al Khalili control and any issue arising between a User/End-User and Al Khalili delivery executive or an employee of the Logistic Provider will have to be resolved by the User, independently and the User agrees to not raise any claim against Al Khalili.
g) Upon successfully placing of an order through Online Portal/Platform and after Al Khalili has successfully handed over the purchased Product(s) to its Logistic Partner, the User will receive a unique tracking identity number, which will enable the User in tracking the status of delivery of the purchased Product(s). After this Al Khalili is absolutely absolved of any liability as regards the Product or its shipment/delivery. The User may use the tracking identity number on the Online Portal/ Platform or the Website and/or the Mobile Application of Al Khalili to check the whereabouts of the purchased Product(s) and the estimated time of its delivery. Al Khalili shall make reasonable attempts in ensuring that the tracking status of the purchased Product(s) is updated in a timely manner. However, Al Khalili does not guarantee the accuracy of the tracking status since it is updated on a real-time basis and is subject to inconsistencies arising out of time-lags in updating the information and other technicalities beyond Al Khalili’s control.
h) Al Khalili reserves the right to charge shipping and/or delivery charges on all Products. If charged (shipping and/or delivery charges), such charges shall not be refunded to the User on cancellations or returns that are made after the dispatch/shipping of the purchased Product(s), except in case of a Product having a defect at the time of delivery (for reasons attributable to, and accepted by Al Khalili after due verification at its sole discretion – check Cancellation, Return and Refund policy). Title and risk of loss for all purchased Product(s) shall pass onto the User upon the delivery of the purchased Product(s) to the User.
i) Return and exchange of purchased Product(s), if applicable, shall be carried out by Al Khalili reverse-logistics partners or its own delivery executives. Further details on how Users may process returns of purchased Products have been set out under the Cancellation, Return and Refund Policy, available at https://www.buildexstores.com.
If You need any more information on Our Delivery Policy, or have any complaint, feedback, query, request or suggestion, You can reach us out:
Phone Number: +96822035000 | +96899376481
B. CANCELLATION, RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
Al Khalili is a diversified & dynamic business house with a strong corporate philosophy and a track-record of good governance, selling various Products/Services, including without limitation, consumer electronic products, IT products, DIY (Do It Yourself) products, camping products, cleaning equipment’s, building materials, tools and hardware, personal care products, lifestyle products, home improvement smart products, home appliances, safety products, toys and gadgets, the equipment, parts, materials, supplies and other goods manufactured and supplied by Al- Khalili.
Ordering Products through Al Khalili Online Portal is really easy, but what to do if You want to cancel Your order? In such a scenario, You can cancel the Product ordered and receive a refund, in case of Products where such cancellation and/or refund is applicable. As regards the order for which Product(s) are cancellable and/or the amount paid is refundable and the extent of the refund, all of these specifications shall be mentioned in the particular Product details which you can read before you order. In case where there are no details mentioned, it shall be your sole responsibility to enquire and clarify the cancellation and/or refund policy before you place order, otherwise it shall be assumed that the Product is not subject to any cancellation and/or refund.
Cancellation before shipment
If the order or the item(s) that You want to cancel have not been shipped yet, You can write to Al Khalili customer support available at email@example.com or call us on +96822035000 | +96894130598 between 9 am to 6pm and lodge a request to cancel the order.
After the order has been cancelled, the money will be refunded to Debit card account, Credit card account or internet banking account (or whichever mode You have used for payment) . In such cases, and the money will be refunded to You within 10-14 business days after the cancellation request is duly processed by Us. In the case of COD (Cash on Delivery), You will not receive any refund as You have not paid the money.
Cancellation post shipment
If You want to cancel the order after the Product has been shipped/dispatched, You need to speak to Al Khalili customer care available at +96822035000 | +96894130598 and make a request to cancel the order, cancellation charges shall be applicable in such cases. What percentage, if any, of the amount paid by You shall be refundable shall be dependent on which and every Product/transaction and shall be subject to change from time to time and shall be communicated to You by the customer care once you establish contact.
After the order has been cancelled, in case where it is cancellable, the money, if paid by You, will be refunded, after deducting the applicable cancellation charges, to Debit card account, Credit Card account or internet banking account (whichever mode You have used for payment). In such cases, and the money will be refunded to You within 10-14 business days after the cancellation request is duly processed by Us. In the case of COD (Cash on Delivery), You will not receive any refund as You have not paid the money.
If the Product has not been dispatched by the seller, You must follow these steps to cancel the order.
How to cancel order on Al Khalili App?
1. To cancel the order on Al Khalili App, You must open the App and select "My Orders".
2. As soon You click on "My Orders". You will be able to see the list of all Your orders. Select the order which You want to cancel and click on ‘Cancel’ button.
3. In the next step, You will be asked to provide reasons for canceling Your order. You can select Your reason among the reasons provided. If Your reason is not listed, You can select ‘My reason is not listed/Other reason’ and in the comment box provide the reason. The comment section is optional; You can fill or leave it as it is.
4. After providing the reasons, You must click on ‘Confirm Cancellation’. Now Your order will be canceled and You will receive refund to the mode through which You have made the payment.
How to cancel order on Al Khalili Website?
1. If You want to cancel the order on the Al Khalili Website, You must visit the www.buildexstores.com Website and login to Your Al Khalili account.
2. After You log in to Your account, click on ‘My Orders’ which is displayed in the navigation section.
3. Once You click on the orders, all orders are displayed on the screen. Select the order You want to cancel and click on cancel.
4. You must select the reason for canceling the order and click on ‘Confirm Cancellation’ button.
Using the Return Policy, You may return a Product if You receive a Product which is damaged, defective or significantly different from what was specified and purchased. For all Products, the policy regarding return on the Product page (where specifications regarding the Product, its return, cancellation of orders etc. is specified) shall prevail over this general Returns Policy.
Please read all sections carefully to understand the conditions and cases under which requests for returns will be accepted.
1) Consumer electronic products, IT products, Tools and hardware and other, to be installed products, shall be eligible for return within 7 to 8 days from the date of installation.
2) DIY (Do It Yourself) products, camping products, cleaning equipment’s, building materials, personal care products, lifestyle products, home improvement smart products, home appliances, safety products, toys and gadgets, the equipment, parts, materials, supplies and other not to be installed products, shall be eligible for return within 6 to 7 days from the date of delivery to You or anyone as You may direct/End-User.
Certain Products/items in the above mentioned categories are not eligible for return due to the nature of the Product or for various other reasons. For all Products, the policy on the Product page (where details of each Product(s) are specified which You can check before ordering the same) will be applicable.
Section B: Return reasons
Product purchased through Al Khalili Website or Application/Mobile Application will be eligible for returns if:
· Wrong Product received
· Physical damage
Note: Brand’s policy/Product policy shall prevail over the general returns policy
Subject to the policy specified for every Product on Product page as aforementioned, following are the reasons for which Products are not eligible for returns:
· Products You deem no longer in need or End-User’s change of mind
· Products that have already been used or installed over/beyond the standard time of return mentioned above.
· Product that has been tampered with or is missing serial numbers / IMEIs/unique identification code(s), in case where the Product(s) are supposed to have such numbers/codes
· In case Product is relocated from delivery address for installation / demonstration by customer, it would not be eligible for return
· If brand’s policies/Product policies are defined for onsite repair or replacement
· Consumable items are not eligible for returns
· Personalized/engraved items, are not eligible for returns
· Return will not be accepted for subjective or perceptive aspects like performance not as per expectation, colour shade difference etc.
· Dents, scratches on packaging not impacting the Product performance do not qualify for returns
· Returns are not possible in cases where the seller or brand has mandated a no return policy, please refer to information on Product page before making a purchase.
Section C: Return Approval Process
You can raise a return request from “My Account” section of Your Al Khalili account.
· If You have purchased an electronic Product, You will receive a call from Our Returns Team within 2 to 3 business days of initiating a return request, to troubleshoot the issue You are facing.
· For Appliances, We will arrange a brand authorized technician/authorized technician visit to determine the issue within 5-6 business days. Return will be accepted if the technician confirms the issue in writing on a Job Sheet. Please retain a copy of Job Sheet as it will be needed by Us to process the return request.
For all Damaged/Wrong Product received complaints You will be required to provide following information’s/details to investigate further:
1) Images of all sides of brand box/Product box
2) Image of damaged part
3) Serial number/ IMEI/unique identification code printed on the box and Product both. For smartphones in working condition, We will request You to share the screen image of IMEI.
Our Returns Team will review the documents and pick-up will be arranged if the return reason complies with Our Return Policy and is approved by Our Returns Team.
Section D: Pick Up
We will pick-up Your Product as per below mentioned timelines once the return is approved:
1) Consumer electronic products, IT products, Tools and hardware, home appliances and other, to be installed products including but not limited to Air Conditioners, Washing Machines, Dryers, Dishwashers, Refrigerators, LED TVs, Microwaves, Ovens, Waters Purifiers, shall be picked up within 7 to 8 working days.
2) DIY (Do It Yourself) products, camping products, cleaning equipment’s, building materials, personal care products, lifestyle products, home improvement smart products, safety products, toys and gadgets, the equipment’s, parts, materials, supplies and other not to be installed products including but not limited to Small Home & Kitchen Appliances, Audio and Home Theatre Systems, Cameras & Accessories, Computers and Laptops, Gaming Consoles, Head Phones and Speakers, Health Care Devices, Grooming, Smart Phones, Kindles & Tablets, Activity Trackers, Accessories, shall be picked up within 3 to 4 working days.
During pick-up, Your Product will be checked for the following conditions
a) If Correct Product is returned;
b) If Complete Product is returned;
c) If Product is Unused (The Product should be unused, unsoiled, without any stains and with non-tampered quality check seals/ warranty seals (wherever applicable). Before returning a Mobile/ Laptop/ Tablet, the device should be formatted and Screen Lock (Pin, Pattern or Fingerprint) must be disabled);
d) If Product is not damaged, the Product (including but not limited to SIM trays/ charging port/ headphone port, back-panel etc.) should be undamaged and without any scratches, dents, tears or holes;
e) Product's original packaging/ box is mandatory We will not accept returns without packaging for all appliances, Laptops, Smartphones, Tablets, all accessories, etc.
The pick-up executive will refuse to accept the return if any of the above conditions are not met. We will make 3 (three) attempts to pick-up the Product from Your place post which the return request will be cancelled. In case of returns where You would like item(s) to be picked up from a different address, the address can only be changed if pick-up service is available at the new address.
Section E: Repair/Part Replacement/Product Replacement
Depending upon the nature of the complaint & brand policy/Product policy for onsite repair, We may raise a request with brand/owner of the Product in case the product is owned by any other seller/buyer other than Al Khalili to get the Product repaired as a resolution.
Refunds are processed in a maximum of 15 (fifteen) days once the Product has cleared the quality check and Al Khalili receives returned goods/Products, whichever is later. In case of prepaid order through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking, the amount, if refundable, after deducting the cancellation charges, if any applicable, will be transferred back to the account from which it was paid. In case of Cash-On-Delivery order, a refund cheque deducting the cancellation charges, if any applicable, will be deposited in Your bank account, provided by You at the time of initiation of returns, in favour of billing name provided by You while placing the order and/or return.
Cancellation charges in case of Product(s) which is dispatched/shipped in furtherance of COD order:
In case where You/End-User request cancellation after the Product is dispatched but before delivery, the cancellation charges, if any, shall be reflected in Your account (as dues) and shall be added to Your next order amount. If You do not place any order in a period of 6 (six) months from the date of the aforesaid cancellation request and have also not cleared the said dues, You shall be liable to pay the said dues to Al Khalili with interest at the maximum rate allowed under the Applicable Law from the date You/End-User request cancellation till the date actual payment of the said dues to Al Khalili and Al Khalili reserves rights to serve demand notice and initiate legal action against You for the same which You hereby acknowledge.
If You need any more information on Our Cancellation, Return and Refund Policy or have any complaint, feedback, query, request or suggestion, You can reach us out:
Phone Number: +96822035000 | +96899376481